Penetration Testing vs Ethical Hacking
Difference between Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking. Penetration testing is very closely related to ethical hacking, so these terms often used interchangeably, but they do have distinctions that we should observed.
Penetration testing is a more narrowly focused phrase, it deals with the process of finding flaws in a target environment with the goal of penetration systems, taking control of them. Penetration testing, as the name implies, is focused on penetration the target organization’s defenses, compromising systems and getting access to information.
Ethical hacking is an expansive term encompassing all hacking techniques, and computer attack techniques to find security flaws with the permission of the target owner and the goal of improving the target’s security while penetration testing is more focused on the process of finding vulnerabilities in a target environment. In short, penetration testing is a subset of ethical hacking.
Incoming search terms:
- difference between ethical hacking and penetration testing
- Difference between Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
- penetration testing vs ethical hacking
- ethical hacking and penetration testing
- ethical hacker vs penetration tester
- what is the difference between penetration testing and ethical hacking
- pen testing vs hacking
- ethical hacking vs penetration testing
- define the difference between laws ethics and morals and describe how each applies to Ethical Hacking or penetration testing
- differences between ethical hacking and penetration testing