Penetration Testing: Linux vs Windows!
A typical question among penetration testers is: “Which is better and where do I need to focus my skills at: Linux or Windows? ” Whenever faced with this question, we recommend that your pen test toolset include both operating systems, side-by-side, doing work collectively to take full advantage of your effectiveness and skills. The fact is, some tools work greater on Linux while others work greater on Windows.
Several tools work simply fine on both equally, while various other tools have only been launched for one of those platforms. Thus, if you choose to work in only one OS, or at the very least just concentrate on that OS, you’ll be missing out on a great deal of incredibly useful tools and techniques. To increase efficiency and streamline workflow, it is suggested virtualizing one of these two OSs, perhaps using VMware, and running the two simultaneously on the same hardware so you can quickly switch between them.
ln reality, the whole question presented at the beginning of the last paragraph shows a way of thinking that should be transcended. Don’t think of them as two different operating systems. Think of them as one set of tools that you use in your penetration testing job. As a carpenter or plumber would use the best tool accessible and convenient for a given job, so must you. To continue with that analogy, don’t think of Windows and Linux as two different toolboxes. Rather, they are two different compartments in your single toolbox.
A few of you are no doubt wondering whether Mac OS X is an suitable platform for penetration testing. lt is, with wonderful stability and ease of use. However, there are some tools for Linux and Windows that will simply not run on Mac OS X, no matter how hard you try to get them installed. Thus, if you plan to use Mac OS X, make sure you get a virtualization solution for it (like VMware Fusion) to ensure that you can also run at the same time Windows and Linux on top of Mac OS X.
Incoming search terms:
- backtrack 5 tutorial
- war dial-up pen test
- windows penetration testing tools
- linux vs windows
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1825 -sSIc7uFXCmJqrXAymmnuHHsjfFAsCe_CWrp3hfgyl3W0BVaH1zNtZbi2mgzkp70 509ac4392ba2382c56d7cc9e524cc450af85e4dd&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1826 okvCZvuFZ0bDlplmPBlUlSFoXdU0sYtj6TLMIzNpklgceuLHzQmgOm7SF4i6ImBT c81578c995623a44174b2c20ffc07501f5d828f5&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1831 7kukmBxfncXRfBV8XsOSA4ouLSpm6Q5A4YW3ieHidnLI2KUuxEU4YJCVKon6kQbg ce3e8dced3b8ce214ba2125146ff43d1c696967e&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1836 BGE_puCtLs8onGVboYI-FlY_A_wWyJaVBJzmb5AoLAV7cMsnF0UK9rISBKwLH72F 8ed01c04e0dea95e2acd4b8a582545d713fb056c&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme